7 songs on the album Handel's Messiah: A Soulful Celebration (2015)
- All-Star Choir - Hallelujah!
- Tevin Campbell - I Know That My Redeemer Liveth
- Tramaine Hawkins - And He Shall Purify
- Chris Willis & Lizz Lee - Every Valley
- Daryl Coley & Vanessa Bell Armstrong - Comfort Ye
- Mervyn Warren - Overture: A Partial History Of Black Music
- Al Jarreau - Why Do The Nations So Furiously Rage?
This star-studded album earned Merv his 5th Grammy win (and an additional nomination). He produced and arranged 7 of the 16 tracks (and executive-produced the rest).
The final song, Hallelujah!, is the “crown jewel” of the set — complete with a music video (see below), featuring Merv’s mentor (and fellow executive producer) Quincy Jones, conducting the all-star choir.
The album won a Grammy for Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album (1992), and Merv’s big-band jazz arrangement of “Why Do The Nations So Furiously Rage?” (featuring Al Jarreau) was nominated for a Grammy for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocals.